Saturday, November 3, 2012

DIY: Slouchy Beanie

I've recently been loving the beanie trend and instead of going out to buy one, I decided to take some yarn that I had and crochet my own beanie. I'm not the biggest hat person since I don't like that it makes my hair flat so I personalized my beanie to be a hybrid between a beanie and a beret. It's simple to make if you know how to crochet a single and double stitch and if you don't, it's simple enough to learn in no time! I didn't use a pattern  for this, I just made my own. 

Pattern:
1. Make a single chain of 5 stitches
2. Connect the last stitch to the first stitch with a single stitch
3. Single stitch until the circle is about 5 inches (a bigger circle will mean a bigger hat)
4. Switch to double stitch and continue until you get to the length that you want
5. Tie the end and you're done!



Here's the hat that I made. I crochet in a circle with the single stitch until the circle is about 4-5 inches across and then I switch to double stitch.


This is how it looks on. I love that it's slouchy!


Another photo of the hat 


And another

Have you made any beanies lately?
-Suzzy

2 comments:

  1. This is such a creative DIY :)good job!

    http://lazyobsession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete